Getting Boozy with Bom Bom
This is the caramel sauce of all caramel sauces. Everyone loves dessert, but since you're an adult, you deserve to step it up a notch. This is where Bom Bom's Nilli Vanilli Rum comes in. This recipe for Nilli Vanilli Caramel Sauce is super easy, which is great, because you'll want to make it again and again. Before I dive into the recipe, let me first tell you why I decided to partner with Bom Bom:
1. Really and truly this is a delicious drink. I mean it.
2. It's all-natural, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. PLUS it's under 100 calories per serving. It pleases everyone.
3. Any company that has fun names for their products like Nilli Vanilli has my love and attention.
Ok! Recipe time!
Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Caramel Sauce
1/2 c sugar
Small pinch of salt
1 tbsp butter (or dairy free alternative)
1/2 c Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Rum
1. Heat the butter, salt, and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, heat the mixture until it liquifies and becomes a light brown color. (see images below)
2. Turn the heat to low and slowly add the Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Rum to the mixture, stirring vigorously. (The mixture may temporarily become clumpy, keep stirring over the heat!)
3. Bring the heat back to medium and continue to stir the mixture until it thickens to your desired consistency. *Keep in mind the thickness will increase as the caramel cools, so don't overdo it.
4. Serve it up! I put mine on top of dairy free vanilla ice cream, but it would be good on ANYTHING.